Headline: Year-Long Hunt for Motorcyclist After Tragic Killing of Tikquaan Stephenson-Walters in North London | News | london-news-net.preview-domain.com

Headline: Year-Long Hunt for Motorcyclist After Tragic Killing of Tikquaan Stephenson-Walters in North London

Headline: Year-Long Hunt for Motorcyclist After Tragic Killing of Tikquaan Stephenson-Walters in North London

The Metropolitan Police have released video footage of a motorcyclist they are seeking in connection with the murder of a man who was shot at close range in north London last year.

Tikquaan Stephenson-Walters, aged 28, was gunned down by an individual on a white Honda Moped on Bravington Road in Kilburn around 23:05 BST on September 4, 2024. He succumbed to his injuries at the site of the incident.

Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command stated that investigators are eager to identify the individual captured on CCTV in the area prior to the shooting.

The family of Mr. Stephenson-Walters expressed their profound grief, stating that they, along with the community, feel “completely shattered by the tragic loss of such a remarkable and innocent life.”

In a statement, the family remarked, “This devastating incident is a poignant reminder that Tikquaan could have been any parent’s child, sibling, nephew, or friend.”

They urged anyone with information that could “help bring justice for Tikquaan and provide closure for his distraught family, friends, and our community” to come forward.

Three men have been detained under suspicion of murder, while a woman has been arrested for aiding an offender.

The man and woman have since been released with no further actions applied, while the two men are out on bail as investigations continue.

Crimestoppers is offering a £20,000 reward for information that leads to a conviction in this case.

Detective Chief Inspector Jolley reiterated the commitment of detectives to ensure that those responsible for this heinous act are held accountable.

He mentioned that officers have been distributing leaflets and engaging with the public on the anniversary of Mr. Stephenson-Walters’ passing to potentially revive memories that could yield new leads.

Alexa Loukas, the London regional manager for Crimestoppers, encouraged anyone who may have information but prefers anonymity to reach out to their organization.

“Tikquaan was a beloved young man whose life ended too soon,” she said. “His family, friends, and the entire community deserve justice. Your information could be vital to making that a reality.”

Related posts

Former Child Star John Alford Convicted of Sexual Assault Against Teenagers

rimmaruslan98@gmail.com

More flats have fire safety defects, brigade warns Текст: Hundreds of blocks of flats in London still have serious fire safety defects, according to new figures from the London Fire Brigade (LFB). More than 1,400 buildings have simultaneous evacuation plans should a fire break out in the block, indicating that they are unsafe for residents to stay put. Stay put – which was theinitial advice for Grenfell towerand which remains the fire policy in most high-rise buildings – relies on a building being properly constructed. Regulations should prevent fire spreading from one flat to another for at least 60 minutes. Edward Daffarn, of Grenfell United, said the latest figures showed that Londoners were still going to sleep in buildings that arent safe. Seventy-two people died in the Grenfell fire in north Kensington on 14 June 2017. Since then, the safety of high-rise homes across the capital has been brought into focus, with the LFB checking cladding, fire doors, windows and the compartmentation of flats. The LFB said the number of buildings with simultaneous evacuation guidance in place had risen following its most recent count to 1,448. There are 883 buildings more than 26ft (18m) tall on the evacuation list, and 565 buildings under 26ft (18m) on the list. Mr Daffarn escaped from the 16th floor of Grenfell. He said: Eight years ago, standing underneath the burning wreckage of Grenfell Tower, I was convinced it would be the catalyst for societal change; that something so awful, which resulted in the horrific loss of 72 lives, could not happen without things changing. And yet we sit here eight years later and people are still going to sleep in buildings that arent safe. We need to create a legacy for Grenfell that means that people that live in social housing, people that live in high-rise blocks, are treated with respect and live in safe buildings. Sharing his own opinion, and acknowledging the difficulty others feel in seeing the tower regularly, Mr Daffarn added: I think the anniversary is made all the more poignant by the fact that this is the last time that we will meet with the tower in situ. We havent got justice yet. It feels wrong to bepulling the tower downwhile so much remains unresolved. Mr Daffarn is hopeful a new documentary about the fire, due to air on Netflix next week, will spur government efforts to take action. He said: It needs to put pressure on the government to ensure that the companies involved are not able to access public funding, and Im hoping that this documentary will accelerate that process. The Cabinet Office confirmed in February seven companies were facing possible bans – cladding firm Arconic, insulation firm Kingspan, former Celotex owners Saint-Gobain, fire inspectors Exova, design and build contractor Rydon, architect Studio E and subcontractor Harley Facades. It is understood investigations were launched into all of them in March, looking into whether any engaged in professional misconduct for the purposes of the Procurement Act 2023, potentially leading them to be debarred from public contracts. No timeline has been given for how long it might be before the outcomes are known. Bereaved and survivors have long campaigned for criminal charges to be brought over the disaster. Police and prosecutors have previously said investigators would need until the end of 2025 to complete their inquiry, with final decisions on potential criminal charges by the end of 2026. The near 10-year wait for justice has beendescribed by families as unbearable. A spokesperson for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government said: [We] have been clear that the pace of remediation has been too slow for too long. Thats why we are taking decisive action through our Remediation Acceleration Plan to fix unsafe buildings by 2029 faster, while we continue to support residents and identify buildings at risk. Additional reporting by PA Media

Headline: MPs Demand Freedom for Sea Life London Penguins: No Animal Deserves a Life in Captivity

rimmaruslan98@gmail.com

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More