Community Outrage as Hate Graffiti Defiles Childrens Playground in Hackney Park | News | london-news-net.preview-domain.com

Community Outrage as Hate Graffiti Defiles Childrens Playground in Hackney Park

Community Outrage as Hate Graffiti Defiles Childrens Playground in Hackney Park

An inquiry has been launched following the discovery of “appalling” graffiti in a children’s playground located in a park in north-east London during the Easter weekend.

Caroline Woodley, the mayor of Hackney, took to social media to express her outrage over the vandalism after swastikas appeared on rocks in Clissold Park, Stoke Newington, on Easter Sunday.

She noted that officials were dispatched that evening and the following morning to erase the offensive markings.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they are looking into the incident as a hate crime, indicating that their investigations are ongoing.

Data from the Metropolitan Police, as reported by the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS), revealed that 443 incidents of antisemitic hate crimes have been recorded in the borough since March 2023.

Clissold Park is situated near two Jewish institutions: the Kehillah North London community centre to its south-east and the Adath Yisroel synagogue to its north-east.

On platform X, Woodley condemned the graffiti as “appalling,” asserting that “there is no room for hate.”

Local councillor Fliss Premru denounced the act as “disgusting,” stating that it would not be accepted in their community.

She informed the LDRS that park users promptly reported the vandalism, which was swiftly addressed by council and park staff.

“The police were notified as soon as possible,” added the independent councillor.

Labour councillor Susan Fajana Thomas, who oversees community safety and regulatory services in the borough, remarked: “Hackney Council unequivocally denounces the hateful graffiti that emerged in a local play area this week.

“This conduct is completely intolerable and has no place in our community.”

She emphasized: “We are dedicated to ensuring that every resident in Hackney feels secure in public areas, particularly those meant for children and families.

“We are collaborating closely with partners, including the police, to investigate this issue further and take any necessary actions.”

Related posts

US student killed lover in self-defence, jury told Текст: A US student accused of fatally stabbing a sexual partner had split seconds to defend himself against his angry lover, a court has heard. Joshua Michals, 26, denies the murder of 31-year-old Zhe Wang, a fellow student at Goldsmiths, University of London. Ms Wang was found with two stab wounds to her face at her flat in Manor Park, Lewisham, south-east London, after the defendant called 999 in March 2024. Brian St Louis KC, defending, told jurors at the Old Bailey that Mr Michals acted in self-defence when Ms Wang attacked him with a knife, suffering her injuries in the struggle. Ms Wang had sent a message to Mr Michals, of Deals Gateway in Deptford, south-east London, the day before her death saying: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, Mr St Louis said. She was angry and she was out to deal with the person who was the bane of her life. He had split seconds to do whatever he could to make sure that he was not stabbed and that he was not seriously injured. During the incident, he kept telling Ms Wang to calm down, to stop… but she did not calm down, and everything he did was acting in self-defence. Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, Mr Michals previously told the court Ms Wang became stressed, believing – incorrectly – she had contracted a sexually transmitted disease after they had sex. A post-mortem examination revealed Ms Wang, a Chinese national, died from stab wounds to the head and compression to the neck, the trial heard. Mr Michals previously told jurors he did not mean to strike Ms Wang with the knife, saying: I just wanted to get her away from me. He also said he pressed his forearm to her neck to try to restrain her and insisted he did not mean to kill her or cause her harm. The trial heard Mr Michals called his father and obtained the details for a solicitor before arriving at his flat and phoning an ambulance. He also took Ms Wangs phone from her kitchen and put it in a bin outside, jurors were told. It was recovered days later at a refuse area in Newham, east London.

rimmaruslan98@gmail.com

Infamous Sex Offender The Fox Passes Away in Prison from Heart Attack, Coroner Confirms

rimmaruslan98@gmail.com

Heartfelt Tribute: Film Spotlighting the Pioneer Life and Tragic Death of Britains First Female Asian Police Officer

rimmaruslan98@gmail.com

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More