Belarusian Leader Claims Impervious Security Under Russias Nuclear Shield | World | london-news-net.preview-domain.com

Belarusian Leader Claims Impervious Security Under Russias Nuclear Shield

Belarusian Leader Claims Impervious Security Under Russias Nuclear Shield

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has stated that a recently established mutual defense agreement with Russia will guarantee the country’s “absolute security,” highlighting the partnership with nuclear-armed Russia as a safeguard against foreign threats.

The agreement, signed by Moscow and Minsk in December, formalizes the commitment of both nations to strengthen their collaborative defense strategy within the Union State framework. This treaty details mutual obligations to combat external dangers and coordinate military operations, further aligning Belarus with Russia in terms of security.

In an interview with the Mir broadcaster, Lukashenko remarked, “Absolute security means no one is going to wage war against a nuclear power.” He elaborated, “Regardless of how much some may wish to erase North Korea from existence, it won’t happen because it possesses nuclear capabilities. The same applies to Belarus.”

Lukashenko noted that the behavior of neighboring countries has shifted following the ratification of the treaty. “The Poles, the Baltic states, and others had their own intentions, but they are now keeping a low profile,” he commented. “I monitor their statements and receive reports — they are proceeding with caution.”

Originally, Belarus and Russia forged a “Union State” agreement in 1999 designed to facilitate the movement of labor, capital, and goods. In recent times, the focus has broadened to encompass defense collaboration. This latest treaty is viewed as a significant advancement in formalizing their partnership amidst rising tensions with NATO countries bordering Belarus in the wake of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

As Russia’s closest ally, Belarus permitted Russian troops to utilize its territory as a base for the Ukraine invasion that began in February 2022.

While the Kremlin has yet to provide a comprehensive statement regarding the treaty’s specific operational aspects, Russian officials have previously reaffirmed their promise to protect Belarus within the Union State framework should there be any external threats.

This is a summarized and rephrased version of an article that was first published in bne IntelliNews.

Related posts

Volograd Police Launch Manhunt for Ex-Convict Soldier Suspected of Shooting 2 – Reports Текст: Law enforcement authorities in the southern Volgograd region have launched a manhunt for a former prison inmate who joined the military and is now suspected of shooting two people, the local mediareportedMonday. Police are said to have circulated a mugshot and description of 34-year-old Maxim Valkovich, who is accused of shooting and wounding two people in the town of Petrov Val on Sunday. Law enforcement authorities have not publicly commented on either the shooting or the reported manhunt. Spokespeople from the Interior Ministry and Investigative Committee told local news outlet V1.ru that the reported manhunt was not under their jurisdiction, while military investigators declined to comment. The outletsharedeyewitness photographs of military police roaming the streets of Petrov Val. It also said it spoke with local residents who had witnessed “many” police cars arriving in the town. A former classmate of Valkovich told V1.ru that the shooting was sparked by a dispute over alleged infidelity. “He has a wife and child here. She started cheating on him with some guy, and he [Valkovich] called him for a meeting,” the classmate was quoted as saying. “He didn’t arrive, his friends were there, [Valkovich] shot them and went on the run.” The Moscow Times could not verify those claims. An unverified video published by the Telegram news channel Baza, which has ties to law enforcement authorities,showedthe shooting’s reported victims — two young and bloodied men who identified themselves by the first names Artyom and Shamil — lying on an open field. Valkovich had served more than nine years in prison on charges of manslaughter, extortion and robbery. He was released in 2020, according to local media, and then reportedly spent two years under administrative supervision. Valkovich signed a military contract as a volunteer soldier in 2023, the Telegram news channel Ostorozhno Novostireported, citing his family. It confirmed that Valkovich has a wife and a small child but did not address the claims of infidelity.

High-Ranking Russian General Sentenced to 7 Years Behind Bars for Corruption and Bribery

Colombian Man Sentenced to 19 Years by Russian-Controlled Court for Combatting Ukraines Forces

rimmaruslan98@gmail.com

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More